Dust to Dust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roland Deschain - Gunslinger

3 posters

Go down

Roland Deschain - Gunslinger Empty Roland Deschain - Gunslinger

Post  SupremeAvenger Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:53 pm

All credit to the following character should be given to Stephen King, for this is a character I made off of his Dark Tower books.

Name: Roland Deschain ---Hides in Daylight—(How he is known by many of the Townies, a Native American-style name), Gunslinger, The Last Gunslinger

Race: Normie

Affiliation: A frequent Roamer, but with ties to the Shiners and Red Storm.

Inventory:
-2 Sandalwood-Grip Revolvers (Metal Bullets)
-1 Gun Kit
-1 Standard Medical Kit
-1 Custom made Shoulder-holster setup called a Docker’s Clutch
-25 “Food Pills” Which are essentially vitamin tablets that deliver the required nutrients.
-30 “Water Pills” Similar, Pills that carry the nutrients that would normally be found in water, not quite as effective as the real thing.
-General survival gear. Including a crank-flashlight, compressed sleeping bag, and so on.
-1 Non-descript, sand colored backpack. He carries the above in said backpack.
-2 Jagged Hunting knives. One in his left boot, other hidden behind left gun in Docker’s Clutch
-1 Miniature laptop (Roland does not know what a laptop is, the device he has found is damaged and encrypted regardless)
-1 Bald Eagle

Physical Appearance

Eye colour: Cold Blue
Hair colour: Dark Brown
Height: 6’1”
Any distinguishing marks: Features of Nobility; Wear on his face, not literally, but it is obvious he has been through much; Signature hat; cold, piercing blue eyes.

Most of these features (other than the eyes) are not obvious to onlookers, and many would pass him without a second glance.
------
Roland is a figure of the past. His face is sharp, angular with lines both from long periods of malnutrition and his noble heritage. He has the distinct appearance of ruggedness, and some people don’t see his noble lineage upon first glance. His eyes are a cold blue that shine out from his deeply tanned face. In those eyes one can see both the wealth of experience he has experienced and the deadliness of the man himself.

His hair is rather short, of medium length. It is dark brown and he usually has it trailing around his chin in bristles, giving him the appearance of a 5 o’clock shadow (I think that’s what it’s called). All his muscles are finely toned, from repeated work throughout his life as a Gunslinger.

He always has a hat atop his head. Generally black, but occasionally he can be seen wearing one of a lighter shade. He generally wears a certain outfit for long periods of time (he washes it, just doesn’t add variety to his wardrobe). Two of the outfits he has been seen in more often are a long, black overcoat of sorts, crisscrossed with magazines at the belt and over the chest. Under the overcoat he wears a nondescript dark blue shirt. His pants are black leather, and have each of his guns hanging off the thighs.

Now that he has passed those hard times, he generally wears a slightly ligher toned outfit. He wears similar black leather pants, but now wears a long sleeved lighter-blue shirt. Over the shirt he wears a homemade (not by him, a gift) deerskin vest. His magazines still crisscross around his waist, similar to his previous outfit. His guns commonly hang off the hips.

Very rarely, Roland opens his weary face up with a smile, and although it surprises nearly all, it is the smile of a King. It can bring people to remember his noble lineage, but it brings others to smile as well. For when Roland smiles it is like a dry, creek being washed anew with cold, refreshing water.

A picture is worth a thousand words right??? Well here's 3000!!!!!

Roland Deschain - Gunslinger Roland
His first outfit. Darker and more sinister, it is from harder times. His hair was slightly longer at that time.

Roland Deschain - Gunslinger Roland
Second outfit, milder, hair a bit shorter. This picture also showcases part of his creed as a Gunslinger.

Can't get my other picture on photobucket, so here's link:

http://www.stephenkingshortmovies.com/images/covers_movies/walkingghost_big.jpg

The eagle is traditional bald eagle, sharp talons and teeth, yellow beak, so on and so forth. Sometimes rests on his shoulder, sometimes merely flies.

Personality: Roland is a Gunslinger. He believes he is the last of his kind.

A gunslinger (back in his home country) was a young man (or, in rare cases, woman) who was deemed physically and mentally fit enough to wield a gun in order to protect the country and the innocent. Now a gunslinger's responsibilities included more than 'just shooting a gun' (although Roland would have explained how much more complicated it is). They were 'back in the day' responsible for peacekeeping (domestic disputes as well as violent ones), leading armies, and even executing men (like for treason). Roland has done many of these duties as a young gunslinger (he became one at a young age), and is experienced in many.

Roland's is of direct descent from the noble line of royalty (stemming from Arthur Eld). He tends to be rather quiet, meditative. Apart from battle, he has no imagination, he does not indulge in jokes. An example of this would be riddles. Roland highly enjoys the challenge of a good, logical riddle. He is, however, very bad at them because he doesn't have the imagination to 'think outside the box' in that way, he is unimaginative.

Roland is traditional, and a noble man. He is not, however, beyond sacrificing much, if not all, to achieving his goals. He despises muties, but most likely wouldn't show it outwardly, for he is smarter than that. Roland has numerous facets to his personality. He is a great storyteller, battle-hardened, and occasionally cut-throat.

He believes that an unseen entity known as "Ka" rules all. And that the tide of a battle will go as Ka wills it. These beliefs were customary with his entire country before it's fall. Ka is not ever clearly defined. It is largely merely referred to as a 'Moving force of change'.

Bald Eagle: One of Roland's last living remnants from Gilead. He tends to use his eagle as an extension of his being (not literally). It tends to not follow his orders all the time, unless they are in battle. It is a wild creature still, but one which adhere's to Roland's will, when it suit's itself.

Strengths: -Life Experience (be it in combat or in peacekeeping)
-Effectiveness (It may get dirty, it may not be easy, but he has a powerful drive)
-Magnetism (He seem impassive, he might even actually hate you, but many are drawn to this mysterious man's clouded heritage and ruggedness)
-Luck (Sometimes there's no word for it, but this man has gotten seemingly lucky much in the past. Although this is sometimes just what people see, and is in fact just his uncanny skill.)

Weaknesses: -Unimaginative
-Love (Roland is not one to show an inordinate amount of care, towards anyone. It would take years to even begin to crack his shell)
-High-Tech know-how (Roland is not highly familiar with much of the high tech. equipment.)
-No friends

History: ((I'll try to keep this short poor mod who is reading this Razz ))

Roland is birthed from the Realm of Gilead (area of California transformed into a mini-kingdom by the in habitants. Gilead itself has been around for hundreds of years, having formed shortly after the original disaster (or so history says). Arthur Eld was the founder of Gilead, and as such is royalty. Gilead was a healthy/wealthy and powerful presence. They restricted gun-useage to their specially trained force known as Gunslingers.

They are rich in tradition, or were rather. One of Gilead's main policies, other than the weapon restriction, was their disowning of muties. They threw all muties out of their land, banishing them from the richer lands of Gilead. This, of course, left a large army of muties very unhappy with the current ownership of Gilead. So at the height of it's climb to power, Gilead was assaulted by various levels of mutated beings.

They worked together, they were strategic and faught well using weapons from salvaged tanks ((very rough types, not like we have now)). In addition, they surprised Gilead, for they had no idea of the impending war. In the interest of keeping things short, it was a valiant fight, with many unsung heros, and many stories for Roland to tell, but Gilead ended up falling under the muties. The muties themselves pretty much disbanded after their conquering, leaving all of Gilead a pathetic wasteland of it's former glory. Roland was the only survivor of the last battle between the Gunslingers and the Muties. He emerged from beneath the piles of his fallen brethren, his dead friends, and stumbled away from the carnage after dusk had set.

Now Roland is a wanderer. He has grand ambitions of gathering likeminded and worthy individuals and heading down towards one of the mythical cities of South America and setting up a new reign, a New Gilead, from there he would begin the totally holocaust of all the Muties...

So far such plans were going unfulfilled, and Roland continues his near endless pursuit of his dream. He continues to search for worthy individuals of which he may once again call Gunslingers.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
His journey's have taken him through much of present day North America, and he has even had brief excursions into Asia. He has partnered with Red Storm most often, for he believes they have many Gunslinger-esque personell in their organization, untimately, though, they are too primitive and accepting of muties as a whole. He also frequently finds himself on the Shiner's giant, floating cities, usually searching for certain parts for his guns or equipment in general. He does not trust the Rainmakers, and generally stays away from their society. Roland is much loved by many of the independant towns throughout his journeys, for he will usually do his best to aid them. As such, Roland has many ties to Red Storm and the Shiners, but finds himself still, inevitably, a wanderer searching for his goals.

((Well, shorter than I thought it would be! Yay! Like I said, this is loosely based off a character in a book I read, so if you don't understand something, please ask))

Last edited by SupremeAvenger on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 am; edited 4 times in total
SupremeAvenger
SupremeAvenger

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Roland Deschain - Gunslinger Empty Re: Roland Deschain - Gunslinger

Post  SupremeAvenger Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:37 am

Done and doner, no longer a WIP. And additionally it isn't as long as I thought it would be! Yay!!!
SupremeAvenger
SupremeAvenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Affiliation: Not closely affiliated with any group directly. At the current time he is most directly affiliated with the Shiners and Red Storm.

So...Wanderer?

-30 “Water Pills” Similar, Pills that carry the nutrients that would normally be found in water.

-There is no Water, How can you get Nutrients that are Found in it?

-2 Sandalwood-Grip Revolvers

-Glastic or Metal Bullets?
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  SupremeAvenger Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Affiliation: Not closely affiliated with any group directly. At the current time he is most directly affiliated with the Shiners and Red Storm.

So...Wanderer?
Yay Dream! You reminded me to put in that part in my history! Don't worry, I summarized it and didn't make it overly detailed, to save us both time. It is located at the end of my history section, seperated by a makeshift line to make it easy on you. I also reworded the Affiliation section.

-30 “Water Pills” Similar, Pills that carry the nutrients that would normally be found in water.

-There is no Water, How can you get Nutrients that are Found in it?
Well I assume you mean that there is a very small amount of water left in the world (because otherwise we'd all be dead X.x , and the basics of water can be filtered down to it's base chemicals, like iron and stuff, not as effective by far, and I'll state that, but it still gives your body the minerals regardless.

-2 Sandalwood-Grip Revolvers

-Glastic or Metal Bullets?
Metal Bullets, I have a description of the revolvers in the Custom Weapons section, but Hriky told me that that section is used to add in things to your character late, which I apparently didn't know. I'll clarify for members who might not see that page though.
SupremeAvenger
SupremeAvenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkwolf Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:11 pm

With your water/nutrient pills, please explain how you came to obtain them.

and on the affiliation bit, state that you're a wanderer. It prevents confusion if another mod looks at it.
Darkwolf
Darkwolf
Wanderer

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down