Dust to Dust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost - (Open)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lost - (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost - (Open)

Post  Daedalus Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Alex caught the bag and took a single piece of meat before tossing it back. He had never eaten much and had decided to save room for his already open can of beans. He then looks over the spoils of their victory. Compared to the stuff he had dug up in the mines, this was child's play. However he takes a few items, figuring he could pawn them off for something in a city later. He then walks back to where his can and weapon were and slumped up against the wall.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoiro Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Aoiro was chewing on his meat but noticed that no one was talking. "Soooooo. Where are you guys from?" Aoiro asked trying to start a conversation. This has been such a long day but I dont think any of us are going to get sleep tonight Aoiro thought.
Aoiro
Aoiro
Wanderer

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:10 pm

Neraid glanced over at Aoiro, "Batmunkh Gompa." He stated, gnawing on another piece of dried meat. He sighed as he stared into the fire, and eventually took a seat next to it, and prodded the fire occasionally with a machete that was lying around. Finishing his bit of meat he sighed again, he glanced around for his Canteen, he saw it perched atop his dune Rider's ledge he walked over and grabbed it, while up there he checked his other canteens and water jugs, making sure they were all full as well. He grabbed two that were empty and dunked them into the spring, filling them with water after a moment or two.
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male
Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:07 pm

"Exerbal Deep Mines" Alex replies calmly to Aioro's question. His eyes scanning Neraids movements. He was still unsure of the man, but had relaxed a little. At least, as much as he could on land. There was just something about solid ground underneath him that always made him edgy. He just brushed it off as a slight case of trauma caused by the mines.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoiro Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:30 pm

"I'm from Batmunkh Onia but Im not a rainmaker anymore," Aoiro said. "Well I'm gonna head off. I like traveling by night," Aoiro said as he walked over to his dune rider. Aoiro jumped into the cockpit, turned on the engine, and prepared to take off. "See ya guys around," Aoiro said as he sped off over the dunes.
Aoiro
Aoiro
Wanderer

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Neraid glanced over at Alex as he stated he was a slave clearly. Now i Really Trust him Neraid thought quietly, his fingers drumming softly on the holster of his gun. He turned his gaze to Aoiro, who was talking about traveling by night. "Let the Sands Protect you." He said quietly as Aoiro sped off. "Looks like just you and me eh?" He said not looking at Alex. Walking back over to the fire with his filled canteens he sat down and pulled his shoes off and let his feet roast by the fire, the sweat evaporating off.
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:38 pm

"Seems like" Alex replies as he messes around with a scrap plate and various objects. He was constantly turning and looking at the objects at different angles, placing things against the plate and shaking his head. He eventually drops the items and pulls out his combat knife. Twirling it in his fingers as he sets down his plate, he stabs at one corner, denting the plate, he stabs again and the blade cuts through. He repeats the process for all four corners then sheaths the blade. He then takes the objects he was fiddling with earlier and slid them through the holes. Standing it up, he now had a makeshift table of sorts. Carefully, he picks it up and places it over the fire, setting his can of beans atop.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Neraid watched as Alex fiddled with the Plate. He thought about taking his anger out on a random object as well, but didn't. After a minute Alex held a Makeshift Table. Neraid rose a brow as Alex placed his beans atop it. He smiled and let out a chuckle. He looked beside him and began shoving out a small sleeping hole. It was slightly warmer down there from the days heat, but it would feel cool in the morning. The perfect Sleeping Area. Grabbing one of the Non-Burned shirts he placed it behind his head. Staring into the fire as the last of the sun dipped below the horizon.
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Once Alex's grill was complete, he looked for another plate, not finding one he gets to his feet and prys one off one of the Shiner's dune Riders. Bringing it back to his seat, he again pulls out his knife, however, he flips it in his hand so the blade was pointing up. "Its gonna get a bit noisy, hope you don't mind" He says to Neraid, not waiting for a reply however he bashes the plate, denting it slightly. He then continues this for several minutes as his beans begin to boil over the fire. By the time he stops his assult of the metal, he had an uneaven, but usable bowl. He then slides his hand into his coat sleeve and wraps it around his hand. He then grabs his can and pours the food into the bowl before setting the can aside.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:15 pm

Neraid watched in silence, not sure what to make of this guy yet. "How old are you?" He asked out of the blue. If this guy was a slave, he could get some big bucks for bringing him back, depending on where he was slaving in, and how old he was now. He watched as Alex finished his bowl and began pouring the contents from the can into his bowl, revealing beans. After the fight, Neraid wasn't very hungry, and lately he didn't have a want for very much food, so he ignored the smell of beans and shifted in his "Bed".
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:38 pm

Swallowing a mouthful of food, Alex replies with a slight tone of frustration. "32 for your information" He then takes another bite, he was definately wary of this man now and slid himself slightly closer to his halberd. He continues to eat in silence for a while, before getting tired of the scraping of his spoon and crackling of the fire. "What brought you out to this part of the desert?" He finally asks.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Neraid got up, "I see, I'm 33." He said clearly as he climbed into his dune rider, you could hear him shuffle around pots and pans, until he exited, a cigarette in his hand. He lit it up on the rider and took a deep breath. Then jumped down while in the air his hand slipped into his jacket and in a couple of seconds he was on the ground, a shotgun Barrel to Alex's Head. "Move your hand an inch and I'll Blow your Frakking Brains out Slave." Neraid said bluntly. His other hand on a Kama.
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:55 pm

"Slave, been a few decades since anyone's called me that" Alex replies as he pays no mind to the shotgun. Taking another mouthful of food. "Really, its rude to interupt a person's meal. At least have some decency when holding a person hostage next time" He continued to eat, ever so slightly exaggerating his arm movements to slide his hidden Derenger into his right sleeve. "Besides, who is going to take some unknown near middle aged man for a slave. I guarentee you won't get much for me." With the Derenger in place, he stops his movements. But it was nearly unnoticable to anyone unless they were looking for the movements specifically, knowing what he had hidden. Another skill he developed when hiding Old Tech in the mines.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:04 pm

"Who said i was Selling you?" Neraid asked as a grin crept across his face. "Up." He said, signaling for him to stand. "Hands where i can see 'em." He said, The Shotgun still to his head, "Drop any weapons ye Got on ya," He said, and mumbled under his breath, "Big waste of my Fraking time." Then suddenly his spun on his heel and kicked Alex to the ground. As a Dart flew over his head. "These guys again." he said "Keep a weapon for now, we got company." he said as more darts flew over. "Shit.." He said running up to a rock and ducking behind it. He only had a couple rounds on him at the time not expecting a fight, The small group of dart armed men were circling them quite clearly, you could see them moving from rock to rock in the moonlight.
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 pm

While he was on the ground, Alex quickly reaches behind him and activates his GPS Locator. He stays low, making sure his coat covers the flashing light as he scurries over to his Gungnir. Taking cover behind a rock he peers over as he is barely able to make out the shifting shadows over the sands. "I'll have to draw them out somehow" He thinks, quickly reaching into his belt and pulling out the welding torch. "This should do".

He throws the torch into the nearby fire, allowing it to heat up. This would take perfect timing to perform. Soon, the can begins vibrating and knocks it out with his bowl, scoops it up and tosses it where the shadows were moving the most. He then ducks down quickly as the can explodes firing deadly shrapnel in every direction, striking down many of the shadows.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 pm

Staying low behind the rock as Alex tossed his bomb, Neraid grinned and let out a "Woooo!" as the Explosion erupted, then rolled to the side, and fired his weapon, a man dropped to the ground as he re-cocked his gun and looked around, he saw another and just as he was standing up dropped to the ground to avoid a dart. Firing he missed but the buck-shot spread and grazed the man, re-cocking again he spun around and fired at a man behind him. Knocking him to the ground. He scrambled up onto his Rider and crawled into the cabin, then bursted out firing a round at a man climbing up onto it. "Lates My Good man!" He said as the sail unfolded and the rider began to pick up speed, he flicked a switch and his newly installed motor revved to a start, speeding him off.
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:15 am

"Its not like I need you to tell me that" Alex mumbles as he gets to his feet, leaping over the rock and firing a round out of Gungnir at a nearby moving shadow. He lands and immediately flips the weapon around, slashing at an enemy who lay hidden by a nearby rock. He then leaps onto his Dune Runner, cranks the giant fan to life and takes off with impressive speed, jumping a dune and quickly passing Neraid. "Man those Riders are soo outdated" He mocks as he kicks up a cloud of dust behind him.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:22 am

Neraid grinned, His shotgun in hand he looked over at the rider, "At least its not broken." He said letting off a round into the riders fan and accelerated, quickly getting out of easy targeting range as the other rider's fan fell to bits. He grinned as he pulled hard to the left, and re-cocked his shotgun, firing two more rounds off at the rider, but they missed by a long shot since he was at a great distance from the other mans rider now. He continued riding quickly off in the dark and flicked on a light on the front of his rider, careful not to hit any big objects.
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:30 am

"Son of a bitch!" Alex yells as Neraid passes him. "You are so dead!" He flips his halberd around, he had one shot left. As his Runner began to slow he took careful aim at the small engine giving breeze to the sail. He fired his weapon, the bullet flying across the sands and connecting. Causing it to spew a large amount of smog out of it. It would still run, but he hit what he wanted. The Runner comes to a stop on an ascending slope. He then turns and looks at the fan. There were several holes, nothing that he couldn't easily fix, if he hadn't used his welding torch as a makeshift grenade. Looking off in the distance, it was difficult to see, but the smog was still visible and since the wind was practically absent that night, Neraid, to the best of Alex's knowledge, hadn't noticed.

Taking a deep breath, he slumps back onto the seat of his runner. There was nothing to do but await the immenant arrival of the Ascalon. He would then give that man the suprise of his life. He closes his eyes as a grin covers his face at his predictions of the Neraid's reactions in the coming hours. But for now, all there was to do was to wait for the Ascalon and hope the bandits couldn't regroup before it arrived.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamslayer2 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:37 am

Neraid scoffed as the engine shut down. No matter He thought, flipping it off to suppress the smog and noise. He grinned, the sail worked so he turned it a bit and took off, switching off the brighter light in the front and turning on a small torch light that could not be seen from the sky or behind. The Rider continued on, quickening its pace as it reached the flats of a valley, and a hot desert breeze picked up. He grinned, looking back the mans rider was no longer in sight, but he continued on, best to get as far away from the bandits as possible now.

The bandits were quickly re-grouping around 7 were left and they were slowly making their approach on the mans dune rider. They were more silent then a snake. Each held a Sleeping Dart and Blowgun in hand, ready to fire on command. They stopped at the sound of a large craft in the sky above them, they looked up but could only see searchlights fanning the area. The bandits took off quickly, fleeing for their lives.

[Exit Topic]
Dreamslayer2
Dreamslayer2
Rainmaker

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:49 am

"That's right, you better run" Alex says as the bandits scurry away. Several wires then drop from the sky. Several men drop down, armed with various weapons. A few took aim at the retreating foes but Alex waves his hand. "Don't bother, I took out a few before. They're a waste of ammo". He then jumps off the rider and approaches the nearest man who instantly salutes. "At ease" He says lazily, he disliked the military disipline, but there were still a few on board who insisted on it. "Anyway, we got to get this Runner into the shop. It got shot by some bastard I tried to help out when I saw him walking all alone in the middle of no where". The man nodded and ran over to his companions who immediately called up to the ship. Which then began to lower a large plate with several more crewmen on board. They quickly run over and drag the runner back on board and ascend back up to the ship.

Alex walks over to a nearby teather, places his foot into the holder and is hoisted aboard. He then quickly walks into the main part of the ship and onto the bridge. He looks around and turns to the man at the wheel. "Say, wheres the lieutenant?" He asks. The man turns and replies "She has yet to return from the city. We were about to investigate when you activated your Locator". Alex nods as he takes his seat. "I see, well then, full speed ahead. I want to be there by morning" He commands as they slowly begin to ascend. The saftey of his crew took priority over the man that had got away. But he had a feeling they would meet again. And when they did, that Neraid better be on his guard.

<<Exit Thread>>
Daedalus
Daedalus
Wanderer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2